The Chair presented the Fourth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which read as follows:
1. That Canada Post and Purolator be invited to appear at separate meetings in relation to the Committee’s study of the management and operations of Canada Post;
2. That NAV CANADA be invited to appear to update the Committee with respect to airport traffic services, including the deferral of its Review to the fall of 2010;
3. That the Committee adopt Dennis Bevington’s motion of October 6, 2009, which reads as follows: "That the Standing Committee on Transport, Infrastructure and Communities engage in a study of Transport Canada’s enforcement of air safety regulations and implementation of safety management systems for the aviation industry, and report the results of the study to the House of Commons.";
4. That the Committee hold a meeting on the air safety study on November 30, 2009, and invite officials from Transport Canada, followed by representatives of both the pilots’ association and those licensed to do maintenance inspections;
5. That the Analyst prepare a proposed work plan and suggested witnesses for the continuing study of High Speed Rail, and that any further witness suggestions be submitted to the Chair or to the Clerk;
6. That the Committee invite delegates from the High Speed Rail Conference to appear on Wednesday, November 4, 2009 (or November 3 if necessary), and that consequently, clause-by-clause consideration of Bill C-37, An Act to amend the National Capital Act and other Acts, be postponed to November 18, 2009.