INAN Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
The committee resumed consideration of a draft report.
It was agreed, — That the committee defray the costs of hospitality arising from the meeting with the New Zealand delegation on Tuesday, September 27, 2022 in the amount of $89.50.
It was agreed, — That the committee schedule another meeting to finalize the NIHB report.
It was agreed, — That, in relation to the consideration of Bill C-29, An Act Establishing the National Council of Reconciliation:
- The study begin on Thursday, October 6th 2022;
- The Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Department officials, be invited to appear on Thursday, October 6th 2022;
- The committee hold a minimum of five committee meetings to hear testimony from witnesses, including from members of the transitional committee and the interim board;
- Members of the committee submit their prioritized witness lists for the study of Bill C-29 to the clerk by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 and that these lists be distributed to members of the committee as soon as possible;
- That amendments be submitted to the clerk of the committee in both official languages no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 28th, 2022;
- That the clerk of the committee write immediately to each member who is not a member of a caucus represented on the committee and any independent members to inform them of the study of Bill C-29 by the committee and to invite them to prepare and submit any proposed amendments to Bill C-29 which they would suggest that the committee consider during the clause-by-clause study of the Bill; and
- The committee begin clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill upon completion of the study.
It was agreed, — That the clerk of the committee, in consultation with the Chair, prepare a detailed budget respecting the committee's proposed travel to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Kugluktuk, Nunavut, and Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, in relation to its study of Arctic sovereignty, security and emergency preparedness of Indigenous Peoples for consideration by the committee on Monday, October 17, 2022, and be submitted to the Subcommittee on Committee Budgets of the Liaison Committee by Friday, October 21, 2022.
At 5:06 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.