ENVI Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
The Chair presented the Fifth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows:
Your subcommittee met on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, to consider the business of the committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
- That, in relation to its study of freshwater (M-34), the draft letter and annexes for departments be approved.
- That, in relation to the single-use plastics study and other studies going forward:
- the witness panels be organized to provide a greater balance and diversity of perspectives, rather than witness panels strictly grouped by themes;
- the Chair work with the clerk and analysts to revise the current witness panels for the single-use plastics study; and
- that the first meeting on the study of single-use plastics be Monday, April 12, 2021 and second meeting be Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
- That, in relation to the Main Estimates:
- the minister be invited to appear before the deadline to report back to the House (Monday, May 31, 2021), with government officials; and
- the minister would be invited for the first hour of the meeting and government officials be invited to appear for the full duration of the meeting.
- That, in relation to its study of Bill C-230:
- a meeting be held with the sponsor of the bill appearing for the first hour, followed by government officials during the second hour, on Wednesday, April 14, 2021; and
- suggested witnesses be submitted to the clerk no later than end of April 2021.
On motion of Lloyd Longfield, it was agreed, — That the Fifth Report from the subcommittee be concurred in.
Chelsea Rochman, George Roter, Bob Masterson, John Galt and Sophie Langlois-Blouin made statements and, with Usman Valiante and Elena Mantagaris, answered questions.
At 5:32 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.