OGGO Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That the Eleventh Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
- That the Committee invite representatives of Treasury Board Secretariat, the Public Service Commission and the Public Service Alliance of Canada to appear before it on Thursday, September 20, 2018, to provide a briefing on the current state of the public service hiring process, particularly the length of the hiring process for public service positions;
- That the Committee consider the draft report related to its study of the estimates process on Tuesday, September 25 and Tuesday, October 2, 2018;
- That, pursuant to the motion adopted by the Committee on Thursday, February 15, 2018, the Committee invite the President of the Treasury Board to appear at the earliest opportunity in October 2018 to provide a briefing on the progress made by the current government in implementing the recommendations made by the Committee in its report to Parliament on strengthening the Public Service Disclosure Protection Act, to better protect whistleblowers who speak out against wrongdoing in their departments;
- That the Committee consider Order in Council appointments during its meeting on Thursday, September 27, 2018, and invite the following people to appear:
- Greta Bossenmaier
- Lloyd Arthur Bryant
- Bernd Stephen Christmas
- Michèle Desjardins
- Mélanie Dunn
- Claude Germain
- Martin Glynn
- Suromitra Sanatani
- Taki Sarantakis
- James Hunter Sinclair
- Sharon Elizabeth Sparkes.
It was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 108(3)(c), the Committee undertake a study relating to the greening of government operations, that the study be no longer than five meetings, and that the study examine the Government of Canada’s Greening Government Strategy, with particular focus on green procurement (such as vehicle fleet and electricity), waste reduction, and building adaptation to climate change.
It was agreed, — That, in the context of the Committee’s study of the Government of Canada’s Greening Government Strategy, Members submit their witness lists to the Clerk of the Committee no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 27, 2018.
At 3:56 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 4:02 p.m., the sitting resumed in public.
Patrick Borbey and Carl Trottier made statements and, with Véronique Gaudreau and Michael Morin, answered questions
At 5:22 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.