FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
Mathew Wilson and Joseph Galimberti made statements and answered questions.
At 9:48 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 9:52 a.m., the sitting resumed.
Wendy Zatylny made a statement and answered questions.
At 10:46 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 10:48 a.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
It was agreed, — That the Fourteenth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, May 29, 2017, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the Committee consider the advisability of travelling to Mexico City, Washington, D.C. and New York City in the Fall of 2017 with regard to its study on United States and Canadian foreign policy.
2. That the Committee consider the advisability of travelling to China, Vietnam and Indonesia in the Fall of 2017, with regard to its study on Canada’s engagement with Asia, unless the ability of the Committee to travel is delayed by parliamentary proceedings.
3. That the Chair sign and forward the draft letter, that has been prepared, in response to a letter from H.E. Abdul Kareem Kaab, Ambassador of the Republic of Iraq.
4. That the Chair sign and forward the draft letter, that has been prepared inviting the Chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Latvia to appear before the Committee in October or November of 2017.
5. That a letter, from the Subcommittee on Human Rights and International Development, addressed to Minister Freeland be approved.
6. That the Minister Bibeau be invited to appear before the Committee on Thursday, June 22, 2017, in relation to the Committee’s study on Development Finance Initiative.
At 11:02 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.