FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That the Eleventh Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, April 3, 2017, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the Chair present a budget to the Subcommittee on Committee Budgets of the Liaison Committee, at the first opportunity, in the amount of $400.00, for a service contract to design a report cover.
2. That the Committee begin consideration of a draft report on the study of the situation in Eastern Europe and Central Asia 25 year after the end of the Cold War, on Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
3. That the Committee begin to hear from witnesses on the study of the United States and Canadian foreign policy, on Tuesday, April 11, 2017, by inviting officials from Global Affairs Canada.
4. That the proposed travel to Washington, D.C., during the first week of May be postponed until a later date.
5. That the Committee discuss a concept note on a possible study of Asia.
6. That the Committee hold an in camera briefing on Thursday, May 11, 2017, with the Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer and the Library of Parliament, on the Main Estimates 2017-2018.
7. That the Chair sends a letter to the Honourable Senator Marcela Guerra, President of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, North America, Senate of Mexico.
8. That, pursuant to Standing Orders 110 and 111, the Committee invites the Honourable John McCallum and the Honourable Stéphane Dion to appear before the Committee by video conference, on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, in relation to their Order in Council Appointments.
It was agreed, — That a draft Press Release with regard to the study on the Statutory Review of the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act and the Special Economic Measures Act be approved and be published once the report has been presented in the House.
The Committee commenced consideration of a draft report.
It was agreed, — That the draft report be adopted.
It was agreed, — That the report be entitled: "The Day After: Planning for the Protection of Religious and Ethnic Minorities in a Post-Daesh Iraq".
It was agreed, — That the Chair, Clerk and analysts be authorized to make such grammatical and editorial changes as may be necessary without changing the substance of the report.
It was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 109, the Committee request that the Government table a comprehensive response to the report.
ORDERED, — That the Chair present the report to the House.
At 10:54 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.