Original language of petition: French
Petition to Minister of National Revenue
- Tax returns are still required to obtain various government benefits for low-income people;
- The Canada Revenue Agency already has the information related to people’s incomes that is used to calculate government benefits;
- Hundreds of thousands of low-income people use tax clinics each year;
- Tax clinics rely on the participation of community organizations which do not have a mission to do so, and which do not receive any real financial support to provide this service;
- Organizations cannot ask for even a small contribution from users since the service must be free; and
- The constant introduction of additional constraints undermines the service provided by community organizations.
- Open for signature
- February 20, 2022, at 3:12 p.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- May 21, 2022, at 3:12 p.m. (EDT)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|