e-3330 (Indigenous affairs)
Original language of petition: English
Petition to the Government of Canada
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada released its final report in 2015;
- The Commission’s 94 Calls to Action require a comprehensive response if we hope to see reconciliation between Indigenous Peoples and all Canadians;
- Calls to Action #53 to 56 call for the establishment of a National Council for Reconciliation as an oversight body with both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal members in order to “monitor, evaluate, and report annually to Parliament and the people of Canada's post-apology progress on reconciliation” to ensure government accountability; and
- Canada urgently needs this Council to generate and maintain progress in the reconciliation process.
- Open for signature
- April 29, 2021, at 6:05 p.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- June 28, 2021, at 6:05 p.m. (EDT)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||1|
|Prince Edward Island||2|