e-3164 (Employment and labour)
Original language of petition: English
Petition to the Government of Canada
- Many minimum wage workers have to pick up a second, sometimes even a third job, just to survive;
- An unsustainable wage violates Section 7 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, “the right to life, liberty and security of the person”; and
- Many minimum wage workers worked through the pandemic because they were deemed essential, not just for the sake of their own survival.
- Open for signature
- March 1, 2021, at 9:41 a.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- June 29, 2021, at 9:41 a.m. (EDT)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|
|Prince Edward Island||3|