It was agreed, — That the Eighth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in as amended:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday March 24, 2015 to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations :
That the Hon. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, appear before the Committee on Tuesday, April 28, 2015, from 8:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. in relation to the Main Estimates 2015-16 and that the Officials from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration appear for the second hour.
That pursuant to the Order of Reference of Monday, March 23, 2015, Bill S-7, An Act to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Civil Marriage Act and the Criminal Code and to make consequential amendments to other Acts;
1. That six (6) meetings be devoted to the study as follows:
2. The Hon. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, for the first hour and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officials appear for the second hour on Tuesday, March 31, 2015;
3. That the Committee hear witnesses for 4 meetings;
4. That the total number of witnesses for this study be divided among the recognized parties according to their standings in the House of Commons: thirteen (13) for the Government (Conservative Party), eight (8) for the Official Opposition (New Democratic Party) and three (3) for the other opposition party (Liberal Party) and the members submit their prioritized witness list by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015;
5. That if the Committee has not completed the clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 7, 2015, all remaining amendments submitted to the Committee shall be deemed moved, the Chair shall put the question, forthwith and successively, without further debate on all remaining clauses and amendments submitted to the Committee, as well as each and every question necessary to dispose of clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill, as well as all questions necessary to report the Bill to the House and to order the Chair to report the Bill to the House as early as possible.