The Chair presented the Third Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which read as follows:
1. That the Committee meet Tuesdays rather than Mondays commencing on Tuesday, October 17, 2006.
2. That the Committee commence its Study on Democratic Development and move forward with its plan to travel to the Nordic countries from October 7 -14, 2006.
3. That the Committee meet Monday, September 25, 2006 to discuss a Draft Report on Haiti.
4. That the Minister of National Defence, Gordon O’Connor, be invited to appear before the Committee on September 27, 2006, concerning Afghanistan.
5. That the Committee set aside some time immediately after the break week in October, to look at the situation in Afghanistan and that the Clerk investigate the possibility of holding periodic joint meetings with the Standing Committee on National Defence, to receive updates from the Department concerning ongoing activities in Afghanistan.
6. That the Committee invite witnesses to appear on the Study on Democratic Development beginning with the Minister of Foreign Affairs on September 27, 2006.
7. That a proposed budget for the Study on Democratic Development, in the amount of $ 35, 600, be adopted and that the Chair present the said budget to the Budget Subcommittee of the Liaison Committee.
8. That the Committee invite the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of International Cooperation to appear on its Study of the Estimates the first week of November 2006.