FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in, as amended:
Your Subcommittee met on Thursday, February 18, 2016, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the Committee invite the Minister of Foreign Affairs to appear before the Committee on his mandate letter as soon as possible and that the Minister of International Development and la Francophonie be invited to appear on her mandate letter on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
2. That the Committee agree to study the Main Estimates for a period of three or four meetings once they have been referred to the Committee.
3. That the Committee undertake a study to review the Canadian government’s countries of focus for bilateral development assistance.
4. That the Committee undertake a study of Canada’s development financing initiative.
5. That the Committee support the motion of Hélène Laverdière to undertake a study on women, peace and security.
6. That the Committee invite Bill Browder, Zhanna Nemtsova and Vladimir Kara-Murza to appear before the Committee for one hour on March 10, 2016.
7. That a section containing personal information be struck from the Evidence of Meeting No. 5, of the Subcommittee on Human Rights and International Development of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Trade held on December 3, 1997.
It was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 108(2), the Committee undertake a study on Women, Peace and Security; including an examination of the efforts of the Government of Canada to implement and support the United Nations Security Council Resolutions on women, peace and security (including UNSCR 1325 and 1889 on the participation of women in peace processes; UNSCR 1820, 1888 and 1960 on sexual violence in conflict; and UNSCR 2122 on women’s leadership in conflict resolution and peacebuilding); and report its findings back to the House.
It was agreed, — That the Notice of Motion of Peter Kent be referred to the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure for discussion.
It was agreed, — That Committee documents, except for draft reports, be distributed to Garnett Genuis, M.P., as long as he is an acting member of the Committee.
It was agreed, — That the appropriate departmental officials from Global Affairs Canada be invited to appear before the Committee concerning the study on Women, Peace and Security on Tuesday, March 8, for one hour.
It was agreed, — That the Committee invite Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director of the United Nations Population Fund, to appear for one hour on Tuesday, March 8, 2016.
It was agreed, — That the appropriate departmental officials from National Defence and the RCMP be invited to appear before the Committee concerning the study on Women, Peace and Security on Thursday, March 10, for one hour.
It was agreed, — That, whenever possible, meetings at which a minister appears be televised.
At 4:08 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.