ERRE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
Minutes of Proceedings
By unanimous consent, it was agreed, — That Ms. Alexandrine Latendresse and M. Dan Harris be allowed to be present at the meeting.
It was agreed, — That the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in as amended:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, June 28, 2016, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. Mr. Cullen’s motion — That the Committee invite Canadians to participate in the debate through Twitter using the hashtag #ERRE #Q; and that this participation includes questions that can be submitted to members of the Committee, who may, at their discretion, be selected to be posed to witnesses appearing before the Committee; and that the Analysts provide analysis of the public input received and that this analysis be included in the Committee report.
2. Time for Opening Remarks and Questioning of Witnesses —That witnesses be given a minimum of 10 minutes or more, at the discretion of the Chair to make their opening statements; and that during the questioning of witnesses all members of the Committee be allocated equal time to pose questions in the following order: Liberal Party, Conservative Party, New Democratic Party, Bloc Québécois, Green Party, Liberal Party, Conservative Party, Liberal Party, New Democratic Party, Conservative Party and Liberal Party.
3. Work Calendar — That the Committee meet based on the following calendar and that the Chair be authorized to make changes as may be necessary: July 6, 7, 25, 26, 27, 28; August 22, 23, 29, 30, 31; September 1st.
4. Conditions for the Submissions of Briefs — That Canadians be invited to submit briefs to the Committee, provided that they do not exceed 3,000 words and be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday October 7, 2016.
5. Request to Appear — That Canadians wishing to appear before the Committee submit their request to appear no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday, October 7, 2016.
6. Authorisation to Publish a Press Release — That the Analysts and the Clerks of the Committee, in consultation with the Chair, prepare a news release for publication on the Committee's website inviting Canadians and organizations to submit their request to appear, their briefs to the Committee and to submit questions and comments via the Twitter hashtag #ERRE #Q.
7. Open Mic. — That while travelling (and in Ottawa on date(s) to be determined), the Committee sets aside time during each meeting, for audience participation, and that the selection be made on a first come first served basis.
Dara Lithwick and Erin Virgint made a presentation and answered questions.
At 12:13 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 12:25 p.m., the sitting resumed.
Ian McDonald, Eric Janse and Marcus Pistor made a presentation and answered questions.
At 1:03 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.