Committee
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Add search criteria
Results: 1 - 15 of 103
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Thank you, Mr. Chair.
Gentlemen, first of all, I want to welcome you. Thank you for being here. Your jitters are long gone, Mr. Giroux.
Mr. Fisher, unfortunately, I'm not wearing my Blues sweater now, but I'd be happy if I were. We'll talk about it tomorrow morning.
Mr. Giroux, I have a question for you. I'm trying to understand. You are showing us a fiscal analysis. I know those are projections, but could you tell me what you used to estimate the costs and revenues by quintile, by province, per capita. It's quite complex.
What data did you use to obtain those results?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
According to your estimates, will GHGs remain stable, increase or decrease?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
If possible, I would like you to provide the committee with the model indicating the reduction in greenhouse gases by 2030.
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Earlier, you mentioned the 90% of the revenues being reimbursed to the public. You said it was a fixed amount, clearly determined, that did not vary according to consumption. In addition, it would not be directly related to the amounts generated by the carbon tax.
Did I understand correctly?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Since the amount will increase from $20 to $50 over the next five years, the envelope will expand, so to speak. The envelope will be allocated according to very specific criteria.
What criteria are used to determine that households in the lowest income quintile in Saskatchewan will receive $117 more than it will cost them?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Mr. Giroux, let me come back to what we talked about earlier.
If we do not generate enough money with the carbon tax, where will the government find the money needed to pay what I will call the “royalties to Canadians”?
My understanding is that that program funds itself, that 90% of the amount generated by the tax goes back to taxpayers and that they will receive more money than the estimated amount they will have paid. However, if your models indicate that you will not make the total amount required, where will you find the money to pay the rebates to taxpayers? Will you reduce them, or will you go elsewhere?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
I have one last, simple question.
In that study, have you measured the reduction in greenhouse gases in those four provinces?
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Thank you, Mr. Chair.
In fact, Mr. Giroux, I will come back to what I mentioned earlier. I can understand that there may be some confusion between today's report and tomorrow's, but you can see that we are very interested and that we will read tomorrow's report carefully.
In the study you conducted, did you measure the effect of the measures on greenhouse gas reduction in those four provinces? I think that was one of the objectives.
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Could we safely say that this program will allow an average reduction of 4% to 5% in greenhouse gases in the four provinces between 2019 and 2024?
We understand that Ontario has a larger demographic weight. The projected 4% reduction in this province may be larger in absolute terms than the 15% reduction in Saskatchewan.
Collapse
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
View Joël Godin Profile
CPC (QC)
Okay.
We are talking about redistributing 90% of the revenues from pricing related to greenhouse gas emission to taxpayers. Where will the remaining 10% go?
Collapse
Results: 1 - 15 of 103 | Page: 1 of 7

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
>
>|
Export As: XML CSV RSS

For more data options, please see Open Data