Hansard
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Add search criteria
Results: 1 - 1 of 1
View Alexis Brunelle-Duceppe Profile
BQ (QC)
Mr. Speaker, I want to congratulate my colleague on her speech, her election and her appointment as minister.
Only 2% of infrastructure spending involves infrastructure that falls under federal jurisdiction. The other 98% comes under provincial responsibility. The problem with the government's plan is that the money is not getting to the provinces.
The municipalities and the provincial government want a return to the Conservative government's plan, the building Canada fund. We must give credit where credit is due. The municipalities were satisfied with that fund, apart from the fact that there was not enough money, but nothing is ever perfect. It is great to have lots of money, but it must trickle down to where it is needed, one way or another.
How will the government go about giving the money back to the provinces as quickly as possible? They are the ones that know how to manage that money, and it must be done quickly.
Result: 1 - 1 of 1

Export As: XML CSV RSS

For more data options, please see Open Data