BOIE
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Consult the user guide
For assistance, please contact us
Add search criteria
Results: 1 - 60 of 467
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Welcome to meeting number 18 of the Board of Internal Economy of the 43rd Parliament.
We will begin with the first item, the minutes of the previous meeting. Are there any questions about it? Since I see no raised hands, let's continue.
We will now move on to business arising from the previous meeting, the dashboards and virtual committees. Are there any questions on that?
Ms. DeBellefeuille, you have the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
You're welcome.
Now we'll go to Mr. Richards.
Mr. Deltell will be next.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
No, the item relating to the April 14 has been removed from the agenda.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Exactly. She's just thanking us for listening to her point.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Okay, we'll pass that on to Monsieur Aubé.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Is it related to this one?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Okay, we'll come back to you again.
Monsieur Aubé.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
We'll go back to Mr. Richards, and then over to Mr. Julian.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
It's a fair request. We'll ask the administration to come up with a report and find out if there's anything—
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Ms. Laframboise, did you want to add something?
Would you have something to report on that, or should we come back with a report?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
That's a fair request. We'll put that forward and see about getting a report back.
I do concur with you. They are very useful and they will be missed when they leave.
Mr. Julian.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you.
Are there any other comments regarding item number 2?
In that case, we will proceed to item number 3, improvements to the Printing and Mailing Services program.
We'll now proceed to Ms. Kletke.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
We will continue with Ms. DeBellefeuille.
Ms. DeBellefeuille, you have the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any other questions or comments?
We've just had a request.
There's a vote on right now. Some of you are whips and will want to make sure that you have your finger on the pulse of what's going on.
We're going to suspend until after the vote. I encourage everyone to come back as soon as possible once the vote is done.
We want to continue our session with Mr. Stanton, Mr. Wright and Ms. Garrett, who are here to make a presentation. We don't want to bring them back again, because this is the second time their presentation has been postponed.
Have a good vote. We will resume in about 30 minutes.
Thank you.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
We'll get started.
I know we've all been waiting with bated breath for these LTVP working group recommendations. We keep bringing them back, and that's why....
I'll just pass it over to Mr. Stanton.
An hon. member: The third time's the charm.
Hon. Anthony Rota: That's right. The third time's the charm.
Mr. Stanton, I'll leave it to you. We're looking forward to your presentation.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you very much, Mr. Stanton.
Mr. Julian will ask the first question.
Mr. Julian, please go ahead.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any other comments or questions?
Mr. Richards.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any questions or comments?
I take it that we're all in accordance with these recommendations.
Very good.
Thank you very much, Mr. Stanton, and thank you to your team. Thank you for your patience as well.
Now we will go to number 7.
This is the Special Joint Committee on Medical Assistance in Dying.
We will hand it over to Mr. Janse.
Mr. Janse.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any questions or comments?
Seeing none, are we all in accordance with the recommendation? I see everyone nodding their heads in approval.
We will continue.
We are on number 8, the annual report on the members of the House of Commons workplace harassment and violence prevention policy for 2020-21.
Ms. Laframboise.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any questions or comments?
Not seeing any, is everyone in accordance with the recommendation?
Everyone concurs.
We're going take two minutes to go in camera. We'll take care of the last issue, and then we can go.
[Proceedings continue in camera]
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
We are beginning the 17th meeting of the Board of Internal Economy.
The first item on the agenda is the minutes of the previous meeting, on April 22. Are there any comments on that?
Mrs. DeBellefeuille has the floor, and she will be followed by Mr. Holland.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Aubé could answer that question.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you.
We'll continue with Mr. Holland, followed by Mr. Richards.
Mr. Holland.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Okay.
Mr. Richards is addressing a different matter as well.
Mr. Julian, are you addressing the same matter or a different matter?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you very much.
Mr. Richards.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Yes, that's no problem. Go ahead.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Very good. Thank you.
Now we'll go to Mr. Holland, followed by Mr. Richards.
Mr. Holland.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
I believe we have a point of order.
Mrs. DeBellefeuille has the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
It's a matter related to the business arising from the previous meeting. It was a little mixed up, but we let it go.
Mr. Holland, I'm not sure exactly how you would like to proceed right now. Would you like to withdraw and then come back?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
If I could, at this point, because we had determined that this was an item that was in camera, and it is—
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
I'll refer to our legal team to comment on it, just so that we're not breaking any rules and to make sure that we're within our legal parameters.
Mr. Dufresne, would you like to comment on this?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Dufresne, based on what was just said, I want to make sure whether Mr. Holland can continue or cannot continue. My impression is that based on what you're saying he can continue and it won't be an infraction.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Holland, I'd ask you to continue, then, please.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Are there any comments or questions from the other members?
Go ahead, Mr. Richards.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
I have two more members to speak, but before we go to Mr. Julian and Mr. Rodriguez, I'm going to defer to Mr. Patrice to give us a legal opinion on what we're doing right now, or where we're at to make sure that everything is in line.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
I'm going to continue then. There's a fine line that we're stepping on here.
I'll let Mr. Julian go ahead, followed by Mr. Rodriguez, Mr. Holland and Madame DeBellefeuille.
Mr. Julian, please go ahead.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
We'll go to Mr. Rodriguez, followed by Madame DeBellefeuille, and then come back.
We have some different interpretations here.
Mr. Rodriguez, you have the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you.
Mrs. DeBellefeuille has the floor, and then it will be Mr. Holland's turn.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you, Mrs. DeBellefeuille.
We'll go to Mr. Holland.
I believe you had your hand up.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Julian, I first want to give a little synopsis of where I believe we are.
We have a motion asking us to request Mr. Lemire's presence in front of the board, in camera, to find out general information about what happened and to see what we can discover. The issue, before it comes to a question of the board, is that we do have two members I've heard from so far who have some legal concerns about doing that.
I'm proposing that maybe we should go in camera to discuss the legal matters and then come back out and make a decision on whether to invite Mr. Lemire. That decision is a public one. The legal matters—the questions that can be asked—would have to be in camera.
Does that sum up where we are? Does that make sense?
Based on what I just said, I guess, Mr. Julian seems to have a question on this. Then we'll go to Mr. Richards.
Mr. Julian.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
There's been another motion put forward. Do we have consensus to proceed with that before we go to...?
I know we have Mr. Richards and Mr. Holland, as well, who have a few comments to make.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Thank you.
We'll go to Mr. Holland,
Next, Mr. Deltell will have the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Deltell, you have the floor.
Then it will be Mr. LeBlanc's turn.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. LeBlanc, you have the floor.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
If I can go back to Mr. Julian, the tradition with our decisions has been to have a consensus. If there is no consensus, there is no decision.
The motion is to invite Monsieur Lemire to an in camera session.
Do we have consensus to do that?
No. I see as many heads shaking one way as the other, so we do not have consensus.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Just to clarify, mine was a suggestion, not a ruling. I really am at the mercy of the board in what they decide.
Like I said, the tradition is consensus. That's what we're striving for.
Mr. Holland, you have another comment.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Mr. Richards, you have a comment as well?
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Very good. We'll now go to Mr. Julian.
Then Mrs. DeBellefeuille will have the floor.
Mr. Julian.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Very good.
The list is growing again. I'm going to ask one more time, to use Mr. Holland's word, whether we can use the “elegant solution”—and just so that you know, it was not my idea. We had some wonderful legal minds around the table who proposed doing that, namely, going in camera to ask the questions to cover the legal areas and then coming back and making the decision publicly.
I'll just put that out there again if anybody would like to proceed that way. I'm just putting it out there as a possibility. If there is any objection to that, please voice it now.
Are we okay? Do we have consensus before we go that route?
Mr. Richards.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
I understand. I'm looking for consensus because that's normally how we do things. It is a tradition that I want to make sure remains.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Okay, so we don't have consensus about going in camera. Very good.
Mrs. DeBellefeuille now has the floor. She will be followed by Ms. Petitpas Taylor, Mr. Rodriguez, Mr. Deltell and Mr. Julian.
Mrs. DeBellefeuille, go ahead.
View Anthony Rota Profile
Lib. (ON)
Ms. Petitpas Taylor, you have the floor.
Results: 1 - 60 of 467 | Page: 1 of 8

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
>
>|
Export As: XML CSV RSS

For more data options, please see Open Data