e-4468 (Foreign affairs)
Original language of petition: English
Petition to the Prime Minister
- Human rights violations in Pakistan : Freedom of Expression and Press: Journalists, activists, and citizens exercising their right to freedom of expression face intimidation, harassment, abduction , torture and censorship. Instances of enforced disappearances, attacks, and even killings of journalists and media workers have been reported;
- As Canadians with Pakistani origin , we fear of visiting our loved ones back home. Under the pretext of the new law by the current Pakistan government anyone expressing their opinion about the HR violations on social media could be arrested on arrival and jailed or even tortured. This is a grave concern for all Pakistani diaspora for their safety and well being and their loved ones back home;
- Enforced Disappearances: There have been numerous cases of enforced disappearances , illegal arrest without any warrant and abduction. The lack of accountability , lawlessness and justice in these cases is deeply concerning; and
- For example Dr. Yasmin Rashid a celebrated medical scientist , pioneer in fetal medicine , awarded for covid management as minister (former) for health, 73 years of age , fighting cancer is being illegal detained by having fraudulent criminal cases against her. This inhumane behavior needs to be stopped.
- Open for signature
- June 2, 2023, at 10:21 a.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- July 2, 2023, at 10:21 a.m. (EDT)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||1|