e-4462 (Culture and heritage)
Original language of petition: English
Petition to the House of Commons in Parliament assembled
- Poutine can be found in restaurants of all sizes and genres from coast-to-coast-to-coast within Canada;
- No matter what gender, ethnic origin, creed, geographic region, community, culture, linguistic community, political party or ideology Canadians identify with, there are lovers of poutine in their midst;
- Poutine can serve as a vehicle to bridge differences between us and unite Canadians in conversation over a dish we can generally agree is delicious;
- Maple syrup is not a dish (but is an ingredient that can be used in gravy, or a topping in some other variations of poutine that have come to exist over the past 7 decades);
- Poutine was served at the March 10, 2016, state dinner when the U.S. president hosted Canada's Prime Minister for the first time in 19 years;
- Poutine is a quintessential Canadian comfort food that has even been integrated into large U.S. chain restaurant locations in Canada, or other U.S.-based businesses such as wholesale retailers that also serve hot food; and
- There are numerous annual poutine festivals and events that serve to bring Canadians of all backgrounds together with one another.
- Open for signature
- June 1, 2023, at 12:18 p.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- September 29, 2023, at 12:18 p.m. (EDT)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|