Original language of petition: English
Petition to the Minister of Transport
- Some proponents of water aerodromes use the protection of the federal jurisdiction to bypass provincial and municipal authorities to build massive docks and boathouses under the guise of the Aeronautics Act;
- Current regulations for water aerodromes fail to state that mixed-use docks and structures are not permitted;
- Current regulations do not require a proponent to be transparent with local authorities about their plans, or require that they provide a copy of the registration or certification documents;
- Registration and certification of water aerodromes are done without environmental impact assessments from provincial and municipal authorities; and
- Registration and certification of water aerodromes are done without safety assessments from local authorities.
- Open for signature
- April 26, 2023, at 11:11 a.m. (EDT)
- Closed for signature
- June 25, 2023, at 11:11 a.m. (EDT)
- Presented to the House of Commons
October 27, 2023 (Petition No. 441-01844)
Only validated signatures are counted towards the total number of signatures.
|Province / Territory||Signatures|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||1|