OGGO Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
Jean-Denis Garon made a statement and, with Marc-André Roche, answered questions.
Michael Barrett gave notice of the following motion:
That the committee:
a) Invite the deputy heads from the following entities in relation to the redactions and improper translation of documents requested by the committee on January 18, 2023:
- Atomic Energy of Canada Limited;
- Business Development Bank of Canada;
- Canada Border Services Agency;
- Canada Development Investment Corporation;
- Canada Post;
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board;
- Department of Finance Canada;
- Employment and Social Development Canada;
- Export Development Canada;
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada;
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada;
- National Defence;
- Natural Resources Canada;
- Office of the Veterans Ombud (Veterans Affairs Canada);
- Privy Council Office;
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board; and
- TransMountain Corporation;
b) Invite the Office of the Law Clerk to brief the committee, in public, on the extent of the committee’s powers to call for documents;
c) Instruct the Chair to send a letter to each of the entities listed in section a) of this motion to inform them that the committee is currently considering referring this issue to the House of Commons as a possible breach of parliamentary privilege.
At 5:26 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 5:29 p.m., the sitting resumed.
Luc Sabourin and Pamela Forward made statements and answered questions.
At 5:42 p.m., pursuant to Standing Order 115(5), it was agreed that the committee continue to sit.
At 6:04 p.m., pursuant to Standing Order 115(5), the sitting was suspended.
At 6:28 p.m., the sitting resumed.
Questioning of the witnesses resumed.
At 6:49 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.