INDU Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
The witnesses made statements and answered questions.
At 5:23 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 5:27 p.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
It was agreed, — That, notwithstanding the motion of April 21, 2023, that, pursuant to Standing Order 108(2) the committee undertake a one-meeting study on the federal government’s massive 14-billion-dollar investment in Volkswagen to build an EV battery plant in St. Thomas, Ontario:
- The committee order the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada to provide the committee with an unredacted copy of the contract(s) with Volkswagen;
- The committee order the Ontario Department of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade to provide the committee with an unredacted copy of the contract(s) with Volkswagen;
- That the committee receive the unredacted documents. That, when these documents are received by the clerk:
- They be available at the clerk's office for viewing by permanent members of the committee by appointment, during specific hours, for a minimum of 48 hours before the meeting under the supervision of the clerk and that no personal mobile, electronic or recording devices of any kind be permitted in the room during the viewings; and that no notes be taken in the room.
- That the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry and Department Officials be invited to appear for a two hour in camera meeting and that during this meeting;
- only essential House of Commons support staff required for the running of the meeting be permitted to attend;
- no personal mobile, electronic or recording devices of any kind be permitted in the room during the meeting;
- only permanent members have access to the meeting blues;
- numbered paper copies of the documents be given to committee members who are present in person by the clerk at the beginning of the said meeting and that these copies be returned to the clerk at the end of the meeting and that the clerk be instructed to destroy the said copies and any other documents following the meeting; and that no notes be taken out of the room.
- That this meeting occurs on Wednesday, May 17, 2023.
At 5:39 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.