AGRI Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That the committee invite the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship for questioning regarding the processing delays and ongoing issues regarding the temporary foreign workers programs; and that the Minister appear before Tuesday, November 1st, 2022.
It was agreed, — That the Third Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your subcommittee met on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, to consider the business of the committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the clerk of the committee be authorized to grant access to the committee's digital binder to the offices of the whips of each recognized party.
2. That the committee continue its study on global food insecurity with the goal of reporting back to the House before the Christmas break.
3. That, in relation to the study on global food insecurity, the committee hold at least six additional meetings focussing on domestic policy.
4. That the committee continue its consideration of Bill C-234, an Act to amend the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act, with the goal of reporting back to the House before the Christmas break.
5. That, in relation to the committee schedule, meetings alternate between the study of global food insecurity and the consideration of Bill C-234.
6. That, following the completion of the study of global food insecurity study and the consideration of Bill C-234, the remaining meetings before the Christmas break be dedicated to the study of the environmental contribution of agriculture, with the goal of reporting back to the House before the Christmas break.
At 3:42 p.m., the committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.