ENVI Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
At 8:46 a.m., Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay took the Chair.
At 8:50 a.m., Yasmin Ratansi took the Chair.
Andrew Campbell, Darlene Upton, Stephen Van Dine and Michael Nadler made statements and, with Catherine Blanchard answered questions.
At 10:22 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 10:24 a.m., the sitting resumed.
The Chair presented the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows:
Your subcommittee met on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, to consider the business of the committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That pursuant to Standing Order 108(2), the committee invite witnesses from the University of Saskatchewan’s Global Institute for Water to Security to brief the committee on its work on Tuesday March 10, 2020; and that 45 minutes be allotted for statements and questions.
2. That pursuant to Standing Order 108(2), the committee invite the Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development to brief it on his work, and that 45 minutes be allotted for statements and questions.
3. That pursuant to Standing Order 108(2), the committee receive a briefing from officials from the Treasury Board Secretariat on estimates process.
4. That pursuant to Standing Order 81(5), the committee invite the Minister and departmental officials to study the Supplementary Estimates (B); and that if they have been referred to the committee, the Main Estimates.
5. That on Tuesday March 24, 2020, the committee proceed to consideration of committee business and that members who have motions on notice be allotted five minutes to present and discuss their respective motions.
Debate arose thereon.
It was agreed, — That points 1 and 2 be adopted.
On motion of Scott Aitchison, it was agreed, — That the Report of the Subcommittee be amended in point 3 by adding, after the word “process” the following: “on Tuesday March 10, 2020”.
It was agreed, — That point 3, as amended, be adopted.
Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay moved, — That the Report of the Subcommittee be amended by deleting, in point 4, all the words after the word “Estimates (B)”.
Debate arose thereon.
At 10:47 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.