TRAN Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That a proposed budget in the amount of $15,200, for the study of the subject matter of clauses 225 to 279 (Part 4, Divisions 11 and 12) of Bill C-97, be adopted.
It was agreed, — That a proposed budget in the amount of $1,500, for the study of the temporary use in Canada, by Canadians, of American-plated vehicles, be adopted.
The Chair presented the Third Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure. The Report was concurred in and read as follows:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the meetings of Tuesday, May 14, 2019 and Thursday, May 16, 2019, be devoted to the study of the Canadian transportation and logistics strategy (Altantic Canada and Quebec).
2. That the first hour on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, be devoted to the study of the delivery of infrastructure to Indigenous communities with officials from the Department of Indigenous Services Canada and that the second hour be on the consideration of the draft report for the study of bus passenger safety.
3. That the meeting of Thursday, May 30, 2019, be on the consideration of the draft report for the study of bus passenger safety.
4. That the meeting of Tuesday, June 4, 2019, be on the study of the National Corridors Fund Initiative.
5. That the meeting of Thursday, June 6, 2019, be on the consideration of the draft report for the study of the Canadian transportation and logistics strategy (Altantic Canada and Quebec).
6. That the meetings of Thursday, June 13, 2019, Tuesday, June 18, 2019 and Thursday, June 20, 2019, be devoted to the study of Canada’s requirements for passenger rail service.
The witnesses made statements and answered questions.
At 11:21 a.m., pursuant to Standing Order 115(5), it was agreed that the Committee continue to sit.
At 11:44 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 12:08 p.m., the sitting resumed.
Daniel-Robert Gooch, Stephen Hankinson, Lorrie McKee and Mark Laroche made a statement and, with Massimo Bergamini, Ferio Pugliese and Jared Mikoch-Gerke, answered questions.
At 12:57 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.