SECU Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
Ian Carter, Peter Edelmann, by videoconference from Vancouver, British Columbia, and Ihsaan Gardee made statements and answered questions.
At 4:41 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 4:46 p.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
The Committee proceeded to give drafting instructions to the analysts for a report.
It was agreed, — That the Fourth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, February 6, 2017, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That, for the meeting of Monday, February 13, 2017, the Committee hear from four witnesses for its study of Canada’s national security framework;
2. That, for the meeting of Wednesday, February 15, 2017, the Committee hear from two witnesses for its study of Canada’s national security framework; that the second hour of that meeting be dedicated to providing drafting instructions to the analysts;
3. That witnesses for the meetings of Monday, February 13 and Wednesday, February 15, 2017, be selected from the following list:
- National Council of Canadian Muslims;
- Amnesty International Canada;
- Canadian Bar Association;
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers;
- Sûreté du Québec;
- B’Nai Brith;
- Terrorism and Security Experts of Canada Network;
- INSIGNIS Strategic Research;
- True North Initiative;
- Council for Muslims Facing Tomorrow;
- Christian Leuprecht;
- American Islamic Forum for Democracy;
- Centre for Security Policy; and
- Islamic Society of North America.
It was agreed, — That the draft calendar of activities for February and March 2017 be adopted.
At 5:16 p.m., by unanimous consent and pursuant to Standing Order 115(5), it was agreed that the Committee continue to sit.
At 5:21 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.