SECU Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
The witness made a statement and answered questions.
At 4:38 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 4:42 p.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
It was agreed, — That the Thirteenth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, October 30, 2018, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
- That in regards to the Committee’s study of Bill C-83, An Act to amend the Corrections and
Conditional Release Act and another Act:
- The Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, along with departmental officials, be invited to appear before the Committee on Tuesday, November 6, 2018;
- The Committee hold four meetings, including the Minister’s appearance, to hear from witnesses;
- The deadline for submission of prioritized witness lists to the Clerk be 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 2, 2018;
- The deadline for submission of briefs be 6:00 p.m. on Monday, November 19, 2018; and that briefs be limited in length to 2,500 words (including all text);
- The deadline for submission of amendments be 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018; and
- The tentative date for clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill be Thursday, November 29, 2018.
- That the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and the Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction be invited to appear on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 for the Committee’s study of the Supplementary Estimates (A) 2018-19.
- That the analysts be instructed to start drafting a report on the Committee’s study of M-167, rural crime in Canada.
- That members submit prioritized witness lists for the study of cybersecurity in the financial sector to the Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 3, 2018.
At 4:53 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.