SECU Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
The Chair presented the 11th Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows:
Your Subcommittee met on Thursday, March 1, 2018, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, the Committee hear from officials in relation to its study of the use of ion mobility spectrometers by Correctional Service of Canada;
2. That the analysts be instructed to provide a first draft of the Committee’s report on indigenous people in the correctional system for distribution to members on Wednesday, March 21, 2018;
3. That on Thursday, March 22, 2018, the Committee receive testimony from the Minister of Defence and accompanying officials in relation to its study of Bill C-59, An Act respecting national security matters;
4. That on Tuesday, March 27, 2018, the first half of the meeting be dedicated to receiving testimony from Mr. Alain Rayes, M.P., sponsor of motion M-124 which was referred to the Committee on Wednesday, January 31, 2018; and that the second half of the meeting be dedicated to the study of a draft report on the Committee’s study of indigenous people in the correctional system;
5. That on Thursday, March 29, 2018, the Committee receive testimony in relation to its study of motion M-124;
6. That notwithstanding any motion adopted by the Committee in relation to the submission of proposed amendments to bills, the Members of the Committee as well as Members who are not part of a caucus represented on the Committee submit to the Clerk of the Committee all of their proposed amendments to Bill C-59, An Act respecting national security matters no later than end of day on Wednesday, April 4, 2018;
7. That the Committee proceed to clause-by-clause consideration of Bill C-59, An Act respecting national security matters at its meetings of Tuesday, April 17, and Thursday, April 19, 2018.
It was agreed, — That the 11th report of the Subcommittee be concurred in.
Warren Coons and Johny Prasad made statements and, with the other witnesses, answered questions.
At 11:57 p.m., Matthew Dubé took the Chair.
At 12:34 p.m., Hon. John McKay took the Chair.
At 12:47 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.