INAN Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That, regarding the study of community capacity building and retention of talent, the Committee Analysts prepare a summary of evidence received thus far by the Committee.
At 8:54 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 8:59 a.m., the sitting resumed.
It was agreed, — That, in relation to Bill C-88, An Act to amend the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act and the Canada Petroleum Resources Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts:
1. the Committee commence its study of the Bill at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2019, and meet until 1:00 p.m.;
2. the Committee hear from witnesses for one meeting, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and invite the Minister of Intergovernmental and Northern Affairs and Internal Trade to appear at his earliest convenience;
3. each party submit their prioritized witness lists, including their contact information, to the Clerk of the Committee no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, 2019;
4. the Committee proceed to clause-by-clause consideration of the Bill no later than Thursday, May 30, 2019;
5. proposed amendments be submitted to the Clerk of the Committee in both official languages by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2019;
6. the Clerk of the Committee prepare and distribute a package of submitted amendments to Committee members by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2019; and,
7. the Clerk of the Committee write immediately to each Member who is not a member of a caucus represented on the Committee to inform them of the beginning of the study of the Bill and to invite them to prepare and submit any proposed amendments to the Bill for the Committee’s consideration during the clause-by-clause study of the Bill.
It was agreed, — That, in relation to Bill C-97, An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on March 19, 2019 and other measures:
1. the Committee undertake two meetings to consider the subject matter of Part 4, Division 25, Subdivisions A, B, C, and D of the Bill;
2. the Committee invite senior government officials to appear on Tuesday, May 14, 2019; and,
3. the Committee begin the meeting of Thursday, May 16, 2019, with an in camera discussion of possible recommendations.
It was agreed, — That the Committee televise its meetings on the studies: on Bill C-88, An Act to amend the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act and the Canada Petroleum Resources Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts; on Bill C-92, An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families; and, of the subject matter of Bill C-92, An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families.
At 9:29 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 9:36 a.m., the sitting resumed in public.
The witnesses made statements and answered questions.
At 10:38 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.