HESA Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
Dr. Gregory Taylor and Dr. Graham Sher made statements and, with Matthew Gilmour and Dr. Dana Devine, answered questions.
At 5:01 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 5:11 p.m., the sitting resumed.
It was agreed, — That based on the evidence received by the Committee in relation to its briefing on the Zika Virus on March 7, 2016, the analysts prepare a Summary of Evidence.
The Chair presented the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which read as follows:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, February 22, 2016 and recommends that the top priority items for the Committee be:
1. To undertake a study on the development of a national Pharmacare program as an insured service for Canadians under the Canada Health Act and to report the findings to the House;
2. To request a briefing from the Canadian Blood Services on the “Call to Action” report and on the status of Canada’s organ and tissue donation procurement system; and that the Minister of Health be requested to provide a response to the Committee on the findings of the “Call to Action” report and the actions taken to address the recommendations of the report;
3. To undertake a study on home care and palliative care and to report the findings to the House;
4. To undertake a study on the status of Aboriginal health and to report the findings to the House;
5. To undertake a study on the status of antibiotic resistance and to report the findings to the House.
Debate arose thereon.
After debate, it was agreed — That the First Report of the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure be concurred in.
It was agreed, — That, in relation to the study on the development of a national Pharmacare program as an insured service for Canadians under the Canada Health Act, the meeting of April 11, 2016, be dedicated to hearing officials from the Health Department; that six meetings be dedicated to the hearing of witnesses; and that the members of the Committee submit to the Clerk of the Committee, by Friday, March 11, 2016, their prioritized lists of witnesses.
At 5:40 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.