FOPO Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That the Second Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in as amended:Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, May 31, 2016, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the Committee hear witnesses for the Relevance of the principle of adjacency and the owner-operator and fleet separation policies in the Pacific Region on Tuesday, June 7, and Thursday, June 9, 2016.
2. That the Committee invite the Minister of Science and departmental officials from Fisheries and Oceans to study its priorities for the new investments in Science and assignments for the new scientists on June 14, 2016.
3. That the Committee invite the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans and departmental officials to study the Supplementary Estimates (A) 2016-17 on Thursday, June 16, 2016, and if the minister is not available, that the meeting be cancelled.
4. That the Committee invite departmental officials and scientists on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 to provide a briefing on Northern Cod Stock.
5. That the meeting of Thursday, June 23, 2016 be cancelled.
6. That the Committee study the budget to travel in the Fall of 2016 for its studies on the Northern Cod Stock and the Wild Atlantic Salmon in Eastern Canada.
At 3:58 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 3:59 p.m., the sitting resumed.
It was agreed, — That the Clerk of the Committee prepare a draft budget, in relation to its study of the Relevance of the principle of adjacency and the owner-operator and fleet separation policies in the Pacific Region, for consideration by the Committee.
It was agreed, — That in relation to the study of Wild Atlantic Salmon in Eastern Canada and Northern Cod Stock, the proposed budget in the amount of $89 793.80, for the Committee’s travel to St. John's, NL, Port De Grave, NL, Fogo Island, NL, and Miramichi, NB in the Fall 2016 be adopted.
At 4:29 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.