FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
Oksana Syroid made a statement and, with Iegor Soboliev and Ivan Miroshnichenko, answered questions.
At 9:59 a.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 10:07 a.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
It was agreed, — That the Thirteenth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, May 8, 2017, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That a proposed study budget in the amount of $54,500, for the study of United States and Canada foreign policy, be adopted.
2. That a proposed service contract budget in the amount of $400, for the study of United States and Canadian foreign policy, be adopted.
3. That the Chair sign and forward the draft letter, that has been prepared, to Senator Guerra, welcoming the Senator and members of the Senate of the Republic of Mexico’s Foreign Affairs Committee-North America to a joint meeting in Ottawa during the first two weeks in June or in fall of 2017.
4. That the first hour of the meeting on Thursday, May 11, 2017, be dedicated to a briefing by the Parliamentary Budget Office and the Library of Parliament on studying the Main Estimates 2017-2018.
5. That the second hour of the meeting on Thursday, May 11, 2017, be dedicated to a briefing with Justin Forsyth, Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF and UN Assistant Secretary-General.
6. That the Minister of Foreign Affairs be invited to appear before the Committee on Thursday, May 18, 2017, or at her earliest convenience, in order to discuss her ministerial mandate letter.
7. That a proposed study on child labour and slavery be referred to the Subcommittee on International Human Rights of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development.
It was agreed on division, — That the Ninth Report regarding the Order in Council Appointment of the Honourable Stéphane Dion to the position of Special Adviser to the Minister of Foreign Affairs be adopted.
It was agreed on division, — That the Tenth Report regarding the Order in Council Appointment of the Honourable John McCallum to the position of Special Adviser to the Minister of Foreign Affairs be adopted .
At 10:27 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.