FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
The Chair presented the Eighth Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure. The Report was concurred in and read as follows:
Your Subcommittee met on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the proposed calendar for November and December 2016 and the suggested witnesses in the document entitled “Additional Witnesses For Committee’s Review of the Special Economic Measures Act and the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act” be agreed to.
2. That the Committee give priority to suggested witnesses who can speak on the theme of anti-corruption with regard to the review of the Special Economic Measures Act and the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act.
3. That Gary Kasparov be invited to appear before the Committee on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 in relation to the review of the Special Economic Measures Act and the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act.
4. That a letter be sent to the Department of Justice with specific questions related to the Committee’s review of the Special Economic Measures Act and the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act.
5. That when the Committee invites officials from Government departments to appear before it that the Deputy Minister or the appropriate Assistant Deputy Minister of the Department be the officials who appear.
Maya Lester, by videoconference from London, United Kingdom, and Daniel Drezner, by teleconference from Medford, Massachusetts, made statements and answered questions.
At 4:44 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 4:46 p.m., the sitting resumed.
Thor Halvorssen, by videoconference from London, United Kingdom, made a statement and answered questions.
At 5:29 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.