FAAE Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minutes of Proceedings
Ken Menkhaus, by videoconference from Davidson, North Carolina, and Jay Bahadur, by videoconference from Nairobi, Kenya made statements and answered questions.
At 4:30 p.m., the sitting was suspended.
At 4:35 p.m., the sitting resumed in camera.
It was agreed, — That the Twenty-First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure, which read as follows, be concurred in as amended:
Your Subcommittee met on Monday, December 3, 2018, to consider the business of the Committee and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That the Committee resubmit the high-level proposal for travel to Washington, D.C. and New York City, New York, in the amount of $50,000 to $100,000, for the spring 2019 period.
2. That the Committee’s proposed budget for the study of the current situation in Venezuela, in the amount of $5,100, be adopted.
3. That the supplementary budget from the Subcommittee on International Human Rights in the amount of $4,400, for its ongoing study of the current situation of the Rohingya in Myanmar, be adopted.
4. That the Committee undertake a focused study on Canada’s role in international support for democratic development that would build on the report which was presented to the House on July 11, 2007.
5. That the analysts be instructed to create a draft study plan, limited to four meetings, for the study on democratic development.
The Committee commenced consideration of a draft report.
It was agreed, — That the draft report be adopted.
It was agreed, — That the report be entitled: "Race to the Top: Improving Canada's Extractive Sector Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy to Safeguard Human Rights in Latin America".
It was agreed, — That the Chair, Clerk and analysts be authorized to make such grammatical and editorial changes as may be necessary without changing the substance of the report.
It was agreed, — That, pursuant to Standing Order 109, the Committee request that the Government table a comprehensive response to the report.
It was agreed, — That dissenting or supplementary opinions be in Calibri 12 point font, left aligned and be submitted electronically, in both official languages, to the Clerk of the Committee, not later than 5:00 p.m on Friday, January 11, 2019.
ORDERED, — That the Chair present the report to the House.
At 4:42 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.