CIIT Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the accessibility of this publication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Proceedings
It was agreed, — That, with respect to Bill C-30, An Act to implement the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union and its Member States and to provide for certain other measures:
- the Committee begin a subject matter study of the Bill beginning on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, if the Bill itself has not yet been referred to Committee;
- invite the Minister of International Trade to appear, if possible, on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, for one hour, and officials for the second hour;
- if Bill C-30 is referred to the Committee by the House during the subject matter study, all evidence and documentation received in public in relation to its subject matter study of Bill C-30 be deemed received by the Committee in the context of its legislative study of Bill C-30;
- the Clerk of the Committee write immediately to each Member who is not a member of a caucus represented on the Committee to inform them of the beginning of the subject matter study of the Bill by the Committee and invite them to start working on their proposed amendments to the Bill, which they would suggest that the Committee consider during the clause-by-clause study of the Bill at a date to be determined; and
- members of the Committee submit to the Clerk of the Committee, by Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at 12:00 p.m., their prioritized lists of witnesses.
It was agreed, — That, with respect to Bill C-30, An Act to implement the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union and its Member States and to provide for certain other measures, and regarding the Committee’s subject matter study and its future legislative study, the Committee:
- invite witnesses to comment on both whether Committee members should support the Bill and ways in which Canada can benefit from the Agreement; and
- consider testimony, written submissions and briefs only from the witnesses appearing before it.
At 11:51 a.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.