Pursuant to Order made by the House on Wednesday, March 3, 2010, the following routine motions in effect at the time of prorogation of the previous session are deemed to have been adopted by the Committee in the current session:
1. That the Committee retain, as needed and at the discretion of the Chair, the services of one or more analysts from the Library of Parliament to assist it in its work.
2. That the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure be composed of the Chair, the two Vice-Chairs, the Parliamentary Secretary and a member of the other opposition party.
3. That the Chair be authorized to hold meetings to receive evidence and to have that evidence printed when a quorum is not present, provided that at least five (5) members are present, including two (2) members of the opposition.
4. That witnesses be given ten (10) minutes for their opening statement; that, for the questioning of witnesses, seven (7) minutes be allocated to each party for the first questioner of each party for the first round, and that, for all subsequent rounds, five (5) minutes be allocated to each party for their members that have not yet spoken, starting with the official Opposition, and any further time allowed will be allocated equally between each opposition party at the discretion of the Chair.
5. That only the Clerk of the Committee be authorized to distribute documents to members of the Committee and only when such documents exist in both official languages.
6. That the Clerk of the Committee be authorized to make the necessary arrangements to provide working meals for the Committee and its subcommittees.
7. That, if requested, reasonable travel, accommodation and living expenses be reimbursed to witnesses, not exceeding one (1) representative per organization; and that, in exceptional circumstances, payment for more representatives be made at the discretion of the Chair.
8. That, unless otherwise ordered, each Committee member be allowed to be accompanied by one staff person and that one member of the House Officers’ staff and one member of the Whip’s staff from each party be allowed to attend in camera meetings.
9. That one copy of the transcript of each in camera meeting be kept in the Committee Clerk’s office for consultation by members of the Committee.
10. That 48 hours’ notice be required for any substantive motion to be considered by the Committee, unless the substantive motion relates directly to business then under consideration; and that the notice of motion be filed with the Clerk of the Committee and distributed to members in both official languages and that it be put on the agenda of the next meeting of the Committee.