The Chair presented the Third Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which read as follows:
1. That the Clerk contact Canada Post and NAV Canada with respect to follow-ups from appearances earlier in the Session.
2. That the Committee continue its study of High Speed Rail in light of information obtained during the Committee’s trip to New York City and Washington, D.C. (e.g. issues such as shared rail, higher-speed rail, connectivity, running rights, rights of way, etc.).
3. That the Clerk invite representatives of Bombardier, CN, CP, and Transport Canada to meet with the Committee on High Speed Rail, and that the Bombardier meeting include a site visit.
4. That the Clerk and the Analysts investigate the cost of adding population density projections for Metro Vancouver to those already requested from Statistics Canada for the following three corridors: Edmonton-Red Deer-Calgary, Quebec-Montreal-Toronto-Windsor, and Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto.
5. That opening witnesses on Bill C-310, the Air Passengers’ Bill of Rights, be heard on October 7, 2009, and that the initial witnesses be selected by the Chair from the list of witnesses suggested by members.
6. That the Clerk contact the Hon. Rob Merrifield, Minister of State (Transport), to plan upcoming appearances on government bills, including the new Service Charter for Canada Post.