The Chair presented the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which read as follows:
1. That the three private Members Bills before the Committee be studied as follows: each Bill will have a full meeting of the Committee, the first hour being allocated to hear the Sponsor of the Bill and the second hour to study clause-by-clause:
- Bill C-241, An Act to amend the Employment Insurance Act (removal of waiting period) on Thursday, October 29, 2009;
- Bill C-280, An Act to amend the Employment Insurance Act (qualification for and entitlement to benefits) on Tuesday, November 3, 2009; and
- Bill C-304, An Act to ensure secure, adequate, accessible and affordable housing for Canadians on Thursday, November 5, 2009.
2. That a new travel budget be drafted to include: Vancouver – Edmonton – Whitehorse – Yellowknife and Winnipeg, not necessarily in that order, and that the Clerk present the said budget to the Committee, with the least expensive option to travel to those cities, for the week of November 22 to November 28, 2009.
3. That the Committee hold meetings on November 17 and November 19, 2009 on Aboriginal and rural poverty, and that, on the first two weeks of December 2009, the Committee hold meetings with witnesses on poverty.