The Chair presented the First Report from the Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure which reads as follows:
The Sub-Committee on Agenda and Procedure of the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology has the honour to present its
Your Sub-Committee met on Thursday, February 19, 2004, and agreed to make the following recommendations:
1. That in relation to the Study of Bill C-9, An Act to amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act, an operational budget of $12, 200 be adopted and submitted to the Standing Committee.
2. That a motion adopted on February 16, 2004 by the Standing Committee be amended as follows: "That the Chair be authorized to hold meetings to receive and publish evidence when a quorum is not present provided that at least four(4) members are present including a member of the opposition".
3. That when the Chair is unable to act in that capacity at or during a meeting of the Committee, the Chair shall designate a member of the Committee to act as Chair at or during the said meeting and such and acting Chair shall be vested with all the powers of the Chairman at or during the said meeting.
4. That meetings on Bill C-9, An Act to amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act, be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and that they be televised, if possible.
5. That the analysts prepare a list of possible groups of witnesses for the study of Bill C-9, An Act to amend the Patent Act and the Food and Drugs Act.