CIIT Committee Meeting
Notices of Meeting include information about the subject matter to be examined by the committee and date, time and place of the meeting, as well as a list of any witnesses scheduled to appear. The Evidence is the edited and revised transcript of what is said before a committee. The Minutes of Proceedings are the official record of the business conducted by the committee at a sitting.
For an advanced search, use Publication Search tool.
Minutes of Proceedings
ORDERED, — That the Speaking Notes, presented by Derek Nighbor, from Forest Products Association of Canada, and Dan Paszkowski, from Canadian Vintners Association, be published as an appendix to the Evidence of Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
It was agreed, — That the Committee schedule two (2) meetings with officials from Global Affairs Canada to provide the members of the Committee with an update on the:
- Consultations and negotiations regarding the Canada-Pacific Alliance Free Trade Agreement;
- Ongoing negotiations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP 11);
- Ongoing negotiations of the Trade in Services Agreement (TISA);
- Consultations and negotiations regarding a potential Canada-China Free Trade Agreement; and the
- Consultations and negotiations regarding a potential Canada-MERCOSUR Trade Agreement.
It was agreed, — That the Committee invite the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Negotiator Steve Verheul, and Dany Carriere, Director of the North American Division of Trade Negotiations at Global Affairs Canada, to appear as witnesses before the Committee to brief members on issues after the completion of each round of negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement.
At 4:11 p.m., the Committee adjourned to the call of the Chair.